The GLOBUS hypermarkets in the Czech Republic refund the VAT to their foreign customers for all duty-exported non-food and DIY articles as well as alcohol-free drinks.
How this is done:
- After paying at the cash register please ask for a copy of the new export form at our information desk and fill it in.
- Using this form have the export certified by the Czech customs at the border or the airport.
- Present this certification of export next time you visit a GLOBUS hypermarket. We will refund the proportionate VAT.
- For some charge, you can also have the VAT refunded directly at the border or the airport through an authorized bank.
- For more details visit the GLOBUS information desk. On 1 October 2003 a new VAT-refund regulation came into force which is unfortunately not within the sphere of our influence.
Please notice the following:
- The minimum purchase amount of non-food/building/chemist’s articles and alcohol-free drinks must exceed 2.500 CZK.
- The goods must be exported no later than 60 days after purchase.
- The claim must be made within 3 months after purchase.
- New refund forms have come into force and are available at the information desk.
Many thanks for your understanding.